There’s never a good time to deal with a plumbing leak. However, it’s crucial to catch and treat leaks early on to avoid serious and costly damage to your home. While it’s easy to notice some leaks, others are a little more difficult to detect. That’s why it’s useful to know the common signs you have a water leak:
- High utility bills: A sudden spike in your water bill is a big sign that you have a leak somewhere in your plumbing system. If your bill is rising but your water usage isn’t, it may be a good idea to look around for water damage.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure can happen for a variety of reasons, from built-up sediment to faulty valves. An abrupt drop in water pressure could also indicate that you’re dealing with a leak.
- Visible corrosion: Rusty pipes are brittle and prone to breaking. Flaking, discoloration, or corrosion are all signs that you’re at risk of a serious leak and should replace your pipes as soon as possible.
- Bubbling paint: When walls become saturated with water, the paint will bubble or peel. If you notice this problem, you are likely dealing with a hidden leak and should call a professional for help.
- Water stains or damage: Water damage is a surefire sign that you’re dealing with leaks somewhere in your system. Look out for things like sagging ceilings, discoloration, or cracking and peeling flooring.
- Strange plumbing noises: When water is flowing smoothly through your pipes, you shouldn’t hear much noise. If you notice a lot of vibrating, rattling, or other noises coming from your plumbing, you may have a damaged pipe somewhere.
- Mold and mildew growth: Mold and mildew flourish wherever there are moisture problems. Since mold can cause serious health issues, it’s crucial to contact a professional quickly if you notice it.
What To Do If You Have A Water Leak
Plumbing leaks can wreak havoc on your home. From warped structural supports to mold growth, leaking water can damage your property and put your health at risk. That’s why it’s important to seek help from a professional plumber if you notice the signs of a leak in your home. An expert will be able to pinpoint and fix the problem quickly to prevent further damage.
If you need reliable plumbing repair services, turn to the experts at Clog Pro! We have proudly served the Portland OR and Vancouver WA areas since 1993, and our team is committed to providing you with fast and dependable solutions that will get your plumbing flowing properly in no time. Call us today to get your free, no-obligation quote!