Home Winterization Services
PORTLAND OR – VANCOUVER WA
If you live in an area that drops to below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, you’ll want to have your home winterized. Water, as it starts to freeze, expands. And if that freezing water is in your pipes, your pipes can potentially burst and crack, causing massive flooding and damage to your home.
Fortunately, the experts at Clog Pro Plumbing and Drain are here for you. We’re proud to provide our customers with professional home winterization services, so you can rest knowing your pipes are protected this winter.
Winterizing Your Home
Below are just some of the home winterization services we provide to help prevent your plumbing pipes from freezing.
- Wrapping pipes with insulation
- Deactivating hose bibs/spigots/outdoor faucets and then installing covers on them.
- Shutting off your main water valve
- Covering air vents in your home that lead outside
- Inspecting the exterior of your home and sealing any visible cracks
- Draining your water heater and pipes if needed
Need an Estimate on Your Plumbing Project?
Click the button to leave your information and we’ll call you back in 30 minutes or less!
How to Winterize a House Plumbing Fixture Yourself
While we recommend you contact us to provide your professional home winterization, there are some simple things you can do for added protection.
- Leave your water faucets dripping overnight: if you know temperatures will dip below freezing overnight, it’s a good idea to leave your faucets dripping water. This continuous flowing of water helps eliminate pressure buildup and helps prevent freezing.
- Maintain your heat source: set the thermostat in your home to at least 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit to help prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Open cabinet doors: To allow heat in your home to contact hard-to-reach pipes underneath your sink, open up the cabinet doors.
- Seal visible cracks: If you notice any cracks around the foundation of your home or on walls, use caulking to seal them.
- Insulate basement windows and garage doors: to help prevent cold air from seeping into your home and making contact with your pipes, you should also install door drafts to your garage doors and insulate your basement windows if you have any.
- Winterize your sprinkler system: this requires having your lines drained or blown out using an air compressor. A contractor can help with this.
Experts in Home Winterization
If you neglect to winterize your home before the first freeze, it’s very likely any water inside your pipes will freeze then cause your pipes to crack or burst. Underground pipes are not only difficult to repair, they’re costly. If you’re interested in our professional home winterization services, contact Clog Pro. We’ll provide you with a quote then complete any services you need. We serve the greater Vancouver WA and Portland OR areas.
Home Winterization IN VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR
SERVING CLIENTS IN THE GREATER VANCOUVER WA AND PORTLAND OR AREAS: